Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Forgotten Post: The Bakery/Coffee Shop Early Construction

I created this post when I first began building the dollhouse but never published (I suspect the future of the bakery/coffee shop was uncertain). I am NOT a carpenter so the bakery/coffee shop is four walls with openings cut out for store bought windows and doors, a roof, two floors and a sidewalk. I cut four wooden dowels to the height I wanted for the second floor, I glued this to the corners of the two short walls. When these dried, I glued the long side wall to the two short ones. This allowed me to glue the walls upright to support the 2nd floor and provide a brace for the long wall to make sure all the walls were square. The second floor sits on top of the dowels. To attach the roof, I glued trim from Michaels around the top edge and allowed this to dry and glued the roof in place later. I just thought I would backup and share how a novice builds her first dollhouse from scratch:)








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. That is a very creative idea. You should add some bakery display cases
    to your work. It will add a realistic touch to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jake, I did! http://jocelynsdollhouse.blogspot.com/2012/06/almost-therefirst-pictures-of-emmas.html

    ReplyDelete