Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Coffee Bar's 3D Interior Menu Sign



I realized that wall space was limited and I wanted a sign to hang over the bar, kind of like Mac Donald's Menu. I started with some scrap pieces of MDF, acrylic paint, wooden coffee/tea cup applique, oval and metal letters. I used the same material for the top portion as I did with http://jocelynsdollhouse.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-wooden-shop-sign.html. I picked up some mini chalkboards from the craft store and used silver and gold gel pens to write the menus on the board to simulate chalk. I also made a sign advertising free wi-fi to customers from brads in the shape of letters, I just cut the two pieces off the back of the letters. The menu bar will hang from the ceiling and the other will be mounted to the wall.










The white you see is wet glue.





5 comments: