I made a few small structural changes and added a few new parts. I asked a friend of my husband's, who is a master carpenter, to help me cut the MDF because my "mini wood shop" was not setup at the time. I had some design issues that I think I have worked out now, thanks to the hat shop dollhouse and I have overcome most of my fear of the power tools my husband bought me last year, so I think am "clear for take off".
I started by gluing all the walls (1st/2nd and basement) together to create one unit as a front opening wall. I glued the balcony floors and the ground level sidewalk base to this combined unit while it was flat.
I then cut porch posts to size and adjusted them along the balcony with the plastic railings. I bought some jewelry filigree and wrought iron look basket hangers to use on the posts over the balcony. I bought pairs of large louvered shatters to add to the doors. I am thinking about adding a second set to extend the shutters to the floor. I am going to set the balcony railings inside "upside down" handrails to give them more stability, but I didn't have enough on hand so this will have to wait until my order arrives. I am going to paint everything a flat black to create a unified wrought iron look.
I'm considering using tall windows on the back wall of the townhouse. My husband says the house needs some added dimension because it looks too boxy compared to the other houses I have built. I'm thinking of using windows from a conservatory kit I have to the back wall of the house to make it look less like a typical front opening dollhouse. If I do, then I am also going to cut an opening in the lower right basement room to provide a view to a small courtyard for the rear of the dollhouse that I will be adding later. So this is the facade minus the fourth floor with its dormer windows and roof. I am not feeling well, so I promised my husband I would rest and a make an appointment this week and GET OFF THE COMPUTER! (him yelling, lol)