Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Friday, June 14, 2019

DIY Farmhouse Beds


I made the beds but I purchased the bedding. These are double beds, the attic bedroom is large enough for both. I used wood filler for any gaps, then I stained each bed. I also bought unfinished chests and night tables from Dollar Tree and stained those. It stained unevenly but I felt it worked with my homespun furniture concept.


To begin, I cut square dowels to the desired length and cut notches in them to fit more securely around the bed corners. The I cut wood strips and mounted them on along three sides of the bed. 



I left the headboard off the second bed because of dormer's height in the room

For the head board, I used wood doll pins and cut them in half for bed posts. Afterwards I applied some small unfinished wood appliqués and letter for child's initial.


 I cut the flat base and head board of the bed from craft wood.




I used cheap foam seat covers for the mattresses and cover them with brown fabric. 



Then I dressed the bed with sets I bought at WendyDollhouse on Etsy.



I also bought a lovely red toile design for another purchased bed. I really love her work. I hope to redress all my beds one day.

5 comments:

  1. Really fun and perfect farmhouse beds! I love how you made the headboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So comfy looking. I want to shrink to 1:12 and climb in for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. They look so warm and cosy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see these, the very personification of farm-house-y!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Very rustic. Great to see you and your work again!

    ReplyDelete