Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update: Hat Shop Display Cabinet

Now that I have ordered all the hats to fill the shop, I decided to finish the display cabinet. I created a mirror back cabinet to allow the back of the hats to be seen. I found this mirrored plastic sheet in Joann's. It looks just like a real mirror and can be cut with an X-acto knife. I used the back of the cabinet as a cutting guide. The cabinet was too tall for the room, I had to cut it down, which required me to take the top off. This adjustment turned out to be good, because it allowed me to easily place the mirror inside. I added 3D plastic stickers to decorated the sides and used metallic gold and antique white acrylic paints. I chose this paisley scrapbook paper as the wallpaper for the shop and made more hat stands.





I left the protective film on until the glue dried

I added a small piece of clear plastic underneath the shelf until the glue dried to protect the mirror








3 comments:

  1. Hello Jocelyne,
    Well done! It looks so beautiful, so accurate, and very elegant. You have a wonderful eye for detail and color.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. The display cabinet is elegant. I like the hats. Today I made three hats for a friend..
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so pretty! I like how the mirror reflects the hats in the background..nice job :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete