Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Aging the Church Exterior: Part One

I started by putting light and dark gray acrylic washes on the exterior with heavy and dry brush strokes. I added acrylic paint over the top of the bricks. I used (1) red oxide, (2) terra cotta and (3) toffee on the bricks with olive green for moss (base coat) on the "grout". I applied the crackle medium over the dry exterior. I plan to go over the crackle medium with white acrylic in some areas when it dries. I plan to work on the foundation some more. I sprayed the steps with a stone texture paint, bleached stone, that I plan to make look like aged concrete later once it dries.









This is a close up of the bricks you can see were I applied the individual acrylic colors.


You can see my test run with the crackle medium on the board above the brick





2 comments:

  1. This is really an exemplary job you are doing, it looks quite real. I might borrow your methods sometime. I've always wanted to make a mini-church and don't see when it will happen but someday I hope I do. I'll remember yours for sure.
    Impressive!

    ReplyDelete