Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Brick Foundation on the Church


While the glue was still drying on the place mat paneling, I begin work on bricking the foundation. I sprayed the small brick stencil with stencil adhesive on the back. Then I used the same brick compound made by Bromley that I used on my house. You mix it with water and spread it over the stencil and then remove it, rinse the stencil if necessary and overlap the previous section and repeat. You do not have to let it dry before removing the stencil. The resulting bricks have a gritty texture like real brick and you can adjust the thickness of the brick based on how thick you apply the compound. Once dry you can correct any uneven areas by scrapping or with sandpaper. I have gone back and touched areas up. You can paint the bricks when dry with acrylic and seal them with a matt vanish. I used spray vanish on my house this time I might brush it on. You can see where I need to trim the place mats from the openings.








No comments:

Post a Comment