Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Stainless Steel" Display Case Makeover




I borrowed one of the display cases from the bakery downstairs to use in the coffee shop. I wanted to change the look and make it stainless steel but without making permanent changes. I covered the case with Faux Stainless Steel Contact Paper, which has an adhesive back and can be taken off the case without damage. The Contact Paper not only has the look of steel but the feel; it is cold to the touch and has a nice thickness almost like a thin sheet of metal. I bought the croissants and metal pans from the same seller I bought the original display cases. I made the danish, the other pastries I borrowed from the bakery. I still need to make bagels. These items are on the menu under Bakery. I ordered some more prepared coffee and tea and empty cups and saucers.





2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the cabinet it looks fantastic.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabinet is wonderful and the cakes are delicious. I like the cups of tea with lemon.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete