Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Painted Brick Exterior of the Bakery and Coffee Shop



    


Well, when mini life gives you lemons.... paint the bricks! I had to use an alternative to the brick compound sold by Bromley because they are in the process of reformulating their mixture. So I used sanded grout which is not  exactly like the Bromley but for the most part it worked. It was hard for "me" to get the right consistency and I should have used a bigger spatula to spread the grout, which made my bricks uneven. I sprayed the brick with a sealer. Over time some bricks few off and the dust stained the side walk and everything else it touched. So my solution was to paint the brick with acrylic paint in a neutral color. It helped to seal the grout better and stopped the dust. After I got over the disappointment, I felt it made the older building look more like a modern remodel and gave it a cleaner look.

No comments:

Post a Comment