Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Friday, December 30, 2011

Country Church Dollhouse


This is the cover picture
I think this purchase is going to be my first and last purchase internationally through eBay. It is really frustrating when you are mentally ready to start a project and can not. I ordered display cabinets over a month ago and still have not received them and it is passed the delivery date, the seller had excellent reviews but so far I am disappointed. So I have decided to begin work on my next upcoming project, the Country Church Kit by Real Good, that I have had at least ten years. I started it but never finished due to space, this church is huge, it as big as the Mountfield without the bell tower and steeple. I bought some figurines of church people in pews, choir and minister about the same time I started the church. They are similar to the resin dolls.

My husband and I were out of town for the holidays and drove past this church and I knew right away what I wanted to do with mine. He got out and took these pictures. I wish we could have gone inside.








One of the blogs (otterine.com blog) I follow is working on a haunted looking house that is showing its age and I loved the crackle finish she did on the siding. My church already has the siding milled which will be easier. She also did a tin rusted roof technique I am thinking about as well. I really admire her work.

Yesterday my "favorite" aunt gave me a e-certificate for my birthday and Christmas present to hobby builders/miniatures.com and I bought this table and two of these chairs that I plan to use in the church. I might age them a little with paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment