Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Friday, March 15, 2019

Dance Studio Dollhouse





I bought this dollhouse in a bargain discount store. I could tell it originally came from Hobby Lobby. I could see there may be some damage. It looked like a few boxes may have gotten wet. I was willing to take a chance for the price.

The Allison Jr. Dollhouse. There is a flaw with the second floor having a slight bow from water damage, this box was on the bottom and had gotten wet. It was stuck to another box, thankfully this was the only issue.

My niece takes dance lessons and this was my inspiration behind the dance studio. I've had these little ballerinas for a while and even bought a few more recently. The wooded signs along with the ballerinas are Christmas ornaments, the rest are stickers. I made the dance class signs from mini chalkboards and stickers.





The color scheme and name came from the "Twinkle Toe"ornament sign. I was going for a "flipped" victorian with a modern color scheme and materials. I left out some of the more ornate details to give the house a sleeker look. I wanted to make the trim resemble tiaras and tuxedos.





The dance instructor doll in black, I had commissioned.





I made the barres and dressing room tables and stools. I made the reception desk from an acrylic box. I wanted to try something different with the stairs, so I made the railing and spray painted it with wrought iron textured paint. I removed interior walls to allow more space for my dancers. This was one of the easier dollhouses, I have done and I really enjoyed working on it.  I hope to start selling my dollhouses.





4 comments:

  1. Hello Jocelyn,
    What a great find and what a fantastic job you did creating the dance studio. It is beautifully done.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how this came out. Especially that railing. I'll have to keep that trick in mind! I really like how simple the outside is but you still get a hint of an old Victorian in the roof style and front elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and creative dollhouse, Jocelyn! I love the theme, colors, creative ideas in the finishing and the dolls just make it come alive! Your niece must be tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cute little Sugar Plum Fairies taking classes! A Delightful miniature Dance Studio, Jocelyn :D

    ReplyDelete