|I see why I never used shingles before because they like to buckle|
Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I suddenly realized summer was ending and got a jolt of energy to accomplish something off my miniature to do list. I had a difficult time with piecing together this "bargain" dollhouse. I still have a few touches to do and some things were still drying when I took the picture. I knew what I wanted to do but just didn't know how to accomplish it at all or at the level of professionalism I desired. If I was more experienced this would not have been such a chore. When I stopped being hard on myself things started to pick up pace.
I didn't like the original window choice anymore and decided to selected windows that more closely matched the original design. I bought windows from Hobby Lobby and Miniatures.com. They looked alike but the sizes some how were off with the windows and everyone was different. I could not figure out why sometimes they fit the openings and sometimes they didn't. So I would go back and cut the openings bigger and then the window would be to big. In the future I will buy all windows from the same place. I decided to mix the styles since the house was asymmetrical anyway. I filled in the gaps with wood filler the best I could and just kept going.
I had a hard time picking a shade of yellow. I looked around my house for color inspiration and found a beaded necklace and decided to add terra-cotta along with the mint. The house looked plain and I needed to make it look more like a Painted Lady. So I added trim I bought from Home Depot and wooden appliqués from Hobby Lobby and lots of paint.