Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Monday, June 20, 2011

Faux Stain Wooden Floors using Acrylic Paints

I used acrylic paints and a vanish made for acrylic paint to do the hardwood floors for two reasons. One, I am more comfortable with it than stain and I can control the outcome better. Second, I used paint to simulate wood already and I felt using the stain would stand out in contrast to what I have done already.
I choose the three values in acrylic paint that I wanted to see in the wood on the floors, I do not know what kind of wood it would be, I just know what I like. I started with the lightest value to the darkest, while still wet I blended them one at a time over the previous color. The wood soaked up each color but working wet on wet still allowed each individual layer to show without over blending before the paint dried, I applied the vanish once dry.



I used laminate paper to join the flooring.

I used patterns of each room to cut the floors.
This is before the vanish
This is after the vanish

Chocolate Cherry paint and gloss varnish

No comments:

Post a Comment