Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Saturday, May 23, 2015

You get what you pay for

I bought the cheaper one and the door on the lower right will not stay close but its a good compromise. The Roper is metal and mine is wood. I like the style more than the material. The one I bought seems tall for my little cooks. It's wood and I'm thinking about cutting the legs down.

http://www.miniatures.com/Roper-Range-P17302.aspx
$59.99
and the cheaper one I own http://www.miniaturesmarketplace.com/1920s-White-Stove-P104583.aspx
$29.99
 

5 comments:

  1. I agree, you made a good compromise. Especially when the metal one costs more than twice as much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty similar, and it wouldn't be too difficult to do your own upgrades on the cheaper stove until it looks the way you want it to.

    I couldn't find *exactly* what I wanted for my kitchen, so with some tile paper and upgraded hardware, I made over an inexpensive 1950s kitchen set to make it look older. Worked pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Roper and it too gets out of shape after a while. I actually like the design on yours better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the design better as well, but it is the large size that is bothering me in proportion to the rest of the furniture and dolls. I will look at it a while longer before I make the decision to cut the legs down.

      Delete
  4. Think I might have a great solution for you, Jocelyn, and will email you with full details:)

    ReplyDelete