Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Out of Africa! They made it!!!!








My new dollhouse family, they made it all the way from South Africa. They were made by Debbie Dixon Paver https://www.etsy.com/shop/DixonPaverDolls  The attention to detail, even the undergarments are wonderfully made. The mom even has on real earrings and a ring. Their hair styles are well made and secured in place but still soft to the touch. The mom and son have on leather shoes. She has on slippers and his shoes even have laces.  I think I have found my new favorite doll maker. They were well packaged and arrived quickly without any damage. I was able to track their journey the entire way. They are posed with their future living room furniture from miniatures.com. I feel in love with the settee before I found the dolls, when I saw the mother I knew she would look beautiful sitting there.

I love miniatures.com, their customer service is awesome. The fretwork chair arrived with damage to the legs but miniatures.com is sending me a free replacement and I get to keep the damaged one. I will strategically place it so that it is not noticeable in the dollhouse. I am planning to build the "Pained Lady Dollhouse Kit" for them but for now they are staying with family friends in the New Orleans Townhouse.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I agree! This family is super! I need an African-American one for my Victorian house. The lady of the house is a seamstress during the Victorian period. She will need to look well dressed herself if she wants every one's business!
    Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new doll family are Quite Wonderful Jocelyn! I especially like the daughter doll! :)) I hope that you will give them individual names, if you haven't done so already. Perhaps even something Afrikaans?

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new doll family, sorry to hear about your chair :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete