Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Wrought Iron Gate for the Passageway


I really wish this gate was available when I designed the front on the townhouse. I felt the passageway needed something to dress it up. I have been thinking about using the gate from miniatures.com site for a while and I decided to take a chance. The gate needed some more height to retro fit it into the opening. The gate is enclosed in plywood, which lead me to use the laser cut wood frame I had originally intended for the ceiling of the townhouse. I bought it at Michaels. I began by rounding the corners of the gate's plywood with my scroll saw, then I used a utility knife to fit the frame to the gate. I spray painted the new gate with a base of flat black. I still need to do some aging and permanently install it after I install the floor of the passageway.







5 comments:

  1. Hi Jocelyn
    The gate is just stunning, I love it. You have done a brilliant job of getting it to fit in the way you want. Lovely.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jocelyn,
    It is stunning! what a grand gate you turned it into.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!!! I love it! The iron gate is the Perfect addition to the archway and you did a Marvelous job installing it and making it work. I love that you took the frame and incorporated it into the gate design. It looks Fantastic! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gate! It's perfect. And I also love the doll in your previous post, she is stunning, the fabric of the dress is great.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing gate! Great work! Hugs Eeva

    ReplyDelete