Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Monday, March 19, 2012

Brick Exterior Using Sanded Grout and Bromley Stencils

I used the Tudor brick stencils on the Mounfield but to make covering the bakery easier, I ordered the extra large stretcher bond brick stencil. I used sanded grout because they are reformulating the brick compound designed to be used with the stencil. I used sanded grout close to the color of the bricks I wanted, you just add water to mix. I painted the MDF walls with latex paint in white the color I wanted the grout to be. The artist palette knife that I used was too small for the extra large stencil, next time I will use a cake spatula to get more uniformity in the thickness of the bricks. My building is old and the bricks are not uniform anyway on the inspiration picture, so it actually helps with the aged appearance. I will enhance the bricks with acrylic paint and trim.


I mixed the grout with water to the consistency of cake frosting

use this end when you need to overlap it helps to make it seamless

overlap the last section


I put the windows and trim on to see how they look against the bricks





No comments:

Post a Comment