Outside View

Outside View
The Exterior View of New Orleans Townhouse

Friday, April 1, 2011

Making a dollhouse water fountain
















I wanted a water fountain but the ones available are expensive. I noticed the left over wire from some flowers that I had used in the garden reminded me of a spray of water. So I used it and some clear plastic beads/pebbles (that are used to decorate vases in the floral section), mini terra cotta saucers, and a white column used in cake decorating to make one. I glued the column and saucers in the form of the fountain. I sprayed it with stone finish spray paint left over from the house and let it dry. Then I bent the wire in the form of falling water and glued it inside the column. Then I started the long process of hot glueing the clear beads one at a time to the floral wire until it was completely covered. I used extra beads inside the saucer to simulate rippled water. I still need to add some small details and glue the beads in the saucers.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Going to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete